NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code – 2021 Edition
The 2021 edition of NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code makes performance criteria more usable, enforceable, and adoptable.
The Health Care Facilities Code provides the most current requirements for minimizing the risks of fire, explosion, and electricity.
NFPA 99 was created to make it easier to adopt, use, and enforce a uniform approach and set of criteria for safety in hospitals, nursing homes, limited care settings, and other types of health care facilities.
The 2021 edition introduces several substantial changes to the code, including:
- Revisions to the scope to include hyperbaric chambers for veterinary care
- New guidance describing what to do when clinical spaces are converted to nonclinical spaces with regard to medical gas inlets and outlets
- Introduction of the term responsible facility authority to the code with requirements for professional responsibilities and qualifications
- Removed existing language in Chapter 5 on cryogenic fluid central supply systems, replaced by extracts from NFPA 55 that cover the subject
- New section on health care microgrids in Chapter 6
- Requirements for electrical equipment site acceptance testing and preventive electrical maintenance added to Chapter 6
- Amended procedures for removing flammable liquid–soaked materials from the operating room to require those materials to be removed only from the patient care vicinity
- Requirements for the fire protection of heliports added to Chapter 16 by referencing NFPA 418
Elevate your facility’s approach to safety and get compliant with the 2021 code.
NFPA 99, Health Care Facilities Code, is a safety essential for contractors, engineers, facility managers, authorities having jurisdiction, plumbers, gas and vacuum system installers, security personnel, insurance companies, manufacturers, and anyone with responsibilities for providing safety in health care environments. Get up to date with cutting-edge practices and requirements by ordering your copy today.
ISBN-13 : 978-1455926251
|Dimensions||11.25 × 8.75 × 1 in|