NFPA Health Care Facilities Code Handbook – 2018 Edition
Based on the 2018 NFPA Health Care Facilities Code. The Health Care Facilities Code Handbook clarifies concepts so contractors, engineers, facility managers, and security personnel can get up-to-speed on NFPA 99 requirements that provide vital safeguards to patients and staff. It’s also essential for inspectors and AHJs charged with ensuring compliance.
(Hardbound, 832 pages)
Out of stock
Keep answers at your fingertips! Eliminate knowledge gaps with expert insights and support only found in the new NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code Handbook.
If you are responsible for safety and compliance in the health care setting, NFPA®’s Health Care Facilities Code Handbook is indispensable. Based on the updated 2018 edition of NFPA 99: Health Care Facilities Code, the Handbook helps you avoid confusion or mistakes that may jeopardize the safety of patients or staff in both new and existing health care facilities. Specifically designed for today’s challenges, it’s a unique source of Code text plus expert commentary, 2012 CMS K-tags to assist with CMS compliance, and much more.
Be ready to resolve questions and direct employees and contractors using this unique one-stop source for:
• The complete text of the 2018 edition of NFPA 99, including medical gas and vacuum systems requirements
• Explanations of the intent behind the requirements
• Practical guidance and examples on how to apply provisions, including installation and verification tests for medical gas and vacuum systems
• FAQs highlighting key concerns of installers, inspectors, managers, and operators
• A Survey Preparedness feature that provides insight on what surveyors will look for and what facility managers can do to be prepared to demonstrate compliance with requirements
• New indicators showing the CMS K-tags from the 2012 edition of the Code that CMS surveys to, allowing for easy comparison of 2018 edition requirements with those enforced. Special icons, preparedness boxes, and checklists help ensure you’re prepared for surveys.
• New end of chapter features called “A Closer Look” for Electrical Equipment ITM (Chapter 10), Generator Sizing (Chapter 6), Generator Testing (Chapter 6), Surgical Fire Prevention and Emergency Response (Chapter 16)
• The full extracted text of Chapter 8 of NFPA 110 for generator testing requirements in Chapter 6
• All-new Chapter 15, Dental Gas and Vacuum Systems
• More than 160 photographs plus full-color tables, photos, and other visuals
• Design elements alerting you to Code updates, including the use of corrugated medical tubing for medical gas and vacuum systems
• Special design elements highlighting requirements for existing facilities. Facility managers can see what specifically applies to their existing systems and buildings and plan for compliance.
• A table explaining the major technical changes in NFPA 99 from the 2015 to the 2018 edition
• Supplements covering topics such as security in health care and other NFPA resources addressing U.S. Structure Fires in Health Care Properties, Nursing Home Structure Fires, Medical Oxygen Safety, and more
The Health Care Facilities Code Handbook clarifies concepts so contractors, engineers, facility managers, and security personnel can get up-to-speed on NFPA 99 requirements that provide vital safeguards to patients and staff. It’s also essential for inspectors and AHJs charged with ensuring compliance.
(Hardbound, 832 pages)
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × .5 in|
There are no reviews yet.