Rob is Director of Education of International ATMO in San Antonio, Texas. He started his career in hyperbaric medicine in 1985. He is an expert in wound center design and development, reimbursement, hyperbaric safety, and transcutaneous oximetry. He is a Certified Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT).
He is Past-President of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS) Gulf Coast Chapter. He has served on the following committees:
- NFPA Technical Committee on Hyperbaric and Hypobaric Facilities (Chairman 2006-2014)
- UHMS Hyperbaric Oxygen Safety Committee (Chairman 2001-2010)
- UHMS Materials Testing Advisory Committee
- UHMS Practice Compliance Committee
He is co-author of the CHT/CHRN Certification Exam Practice Book. He authored committee commentary in four editions of the NFPA Health Care Facilities Handbook. He co-authored several articles on reimbursement and hyperbaric safety.
Rob has received the following awards:
- Paul C. Baker Award (UHMS)
- Charles W. Shilling Award (UHMS Gulf Coast Chapter)
- Wilbur T. Workman Safety Award (UHMS Gulf Coast Chapter)
- Special Services Award (UHMS Gulf Coast Chapter)
- Paul J. Sheffield Education Award (UHMS Gulf Coast Chapter)