NFPA Health Care Facilities Code Handbook – 2021 Edition
Based on the 2021 NFPA Health Care Facilities Code (NFPA 99). The Handbook contains all of NFPA 99, plus color photos, illustrations, graphs, and charts. The Handbook clarifies concepts so contractors, engineers, facility managers, and security personnel can get up-to-speed on NFPA 99 requirements that provide vital safeguards to patients and staff. It’s also essential for inspectors and AHJs charged with ensuring compliance.
Increase your ability to understand NFPA 99 requirements and recommendations with the expert insights and support from the Health Care Facilities Code Handbook.
Facility managers, installers, designers, inspectors, and enforcers rely on Health Care Facilities Code criteria to help protect lives and property in the broad range of health care settings. The NFPA 99 Handbook, 12th edition, 2021, is the leading resource for assisting users in comprehending code concepts and learning to apply vital safety provisions in your work.
You get complete code criteria for electrical systems, gas and vacuum systems, mechanical systems, medical equipment, and health care emergency management, security, and patient safety based on risk. Expert commentary throughout provides added insight into interpreting requirements and assists in explaining complex ideas to non-technical people.
Features of the handbook include:
- Full coverage of all 16 chapters and 4 annexes of the code
- Four-color text and visuals, including photos, illustrations, graphics, and charts
- Summary of Technical Changes table offering an overview of major code changes from 2018 to the 2021 edition of NFPA 99
- Code change indicators (shading = revisions, bullet points = deletions, “N” = new content)
- Survey Preparedness providing the perspective of the surveyor in detailing the types of things they will be looking for and their expectations
- Existing facilities icons for easier identification of code requirements that apply to existing facilities
- Test Procedures offering specific methods for installation tests and verification tests for medical gas systems
- Closer Looks discuss topics for more in-depth coverage of critical topics at the end of various chapters
- CMS K-Tags placed near the applicable code sections providing the NFPA 99 specific K-Tags from CMS Fire Safety Survey Report (Form 2786R)
- Sample checklists you can use to verify requirements of various components of the code are met
- Complete index of the NFPA 99 Code
- Three supplement sections on Security in Health Care, NFPA Resources and Disaster Impact on Hospital Electrical Systems and Lessons Learned
|Dimensions||11 × 8.5 × 1 in|